Brioche Buns: insider secrets for your best buns ever

If the word brioche conjures up a mental image of an oversized, buxom loaf with a rather complicated topknot – think again. Brioche buns are the simple way to enjoy this French classic.

Here’s the first thing you need to know about brioche dough: it’s rich. Packed with eggs and butter, it bakes up into a light, mahogany-brown loaf perfect for sandwiches. And if you’re making breakfast toast, don’t bother with the butter dish; a simple slather of jam is sufficient.

Brioche buns – brioche dough, shaped into burger buns – bring their signature richness to the backyard barbecue. Tender (but not crumbly), light (but still substantial), they’re absolutely perfect for a big burger and all the fixings.

But don’t stop there. A juicy grilled chicken breast with sliced avocado and homemade salsa might destroy a typical store-bought bun, reducing it to soggy crumbs. But brioche buns are undeterred by excess moisture; bring on the relish!

Have you ever made a classic brioche? Then you’ll enjoy this new twist on an old favorite.

Never made brioche? Follow these simple steps for a tasty take on burger buns.

Brioche dough doesn’t come together quite like standard yeast dough. So pay close attention to our tips along the way.

IMG_1192

1. Don’t skimp on the rich ingredients.

Low-fat brioche is an oxymoron. The texture and flavor of these buns rely on butter and eggs, so bite the bullet and use the full amount of both – including the extra egg yolk. You won’t be wasting the white; you’ll use it later on.

Start by putting the following ingredients into a bowl; preferably the bowl of a stand mixer, though alternatively you can use an electric hand mixer. Your bread machine, set on the dough cycle, is also a good choice.

2 3/4 cups (11 1/2 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Baker’s Special Dry Milk or nonfat dry milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon instant yeast
3 large eggs + 1 large egg yolk, white reserved for topping
3 to 4 tablespoons lukewarm water*
10 tablespoons unsalted butter

*Start with 3 tablespoons in summer, or under humid conditions; 4 tablespoons in winter, or when it’s dry out.

Brioche Buns-15

2. Use a mixer or bread machine to make the dough.

Can you mix and “knead” brioche dough by hand? I’d recommend this ONLY if you’re a seasoned and very fit bread baker. Fully developing this rich dough by hand would probably take up to 25 to 30 minutes of vigorous mixing with a spoon; it’s so soft that only at the very end might you be able to actually knead it.

Don’t bother getting out your mixer’s dough hook; you’ll be sticking with the beater blade here – “sticking” being the key word. This dough is STICKY when it starts out, before eventually becoming smooth, soft, and satiny.

Start by mixing all of the ingredients together at medium speed. They’ll cling to the sides of the bowl; scrape them into the center, and mix some more. I use speed 4 on my KitchenAid.

Continue mixing the dough at medium speed. After about 10 minutes or so, you should see it starting to form a ball (lower left photo). Scrape the dough into the center of the bowl again, and continue to mix, scraping the bowl to help it along, until the dough is smooth and soft, perhaps sticking a bit but no longer coating the sides of the bowl.

Attention, bread machine aficionados: set your machine on the dough cycle, and walk away. The bread machine is PERFECT for making brioche dough. When the dough cycle is complete, refrigerate it overnight (instructions below).

Brioche Buns-16

3. Let the dough rise for 1 hour, then refrigerate it overnight.

Brioche dough is easier to handle when it’s cold. So let it rise at room temperature until it’s noticeably puffy (top photos); then place it in a bag (no need to grease the bag), fasten the bag at the top, and refrigerate the dough overnight.

Why do I have two batches of dough going here, you ask? I was testing two yeasts: SAF Red and SAF Gold. SAF Gold helps dough with a higher percentage of sugar rise better; would it also help dough with a higher percentage of fat?

The answer is no; it works the same as SAF Red in high-fat doughs. Though SAF Red (on the left in the two photos) actually appears to work better than Gold, that’s simply because it had a half-hour head start; I mixed the Red dough first, followed by the Gold.

How to make brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

Top, mega-buns. Bottom, a combination of standard and slider buns.

4. Decide how many brioche buns you want to make.

This recipe will make six mega-buns, perfect for your half-pound burgers; eight standard burger buns; or 16 mini-buns, just right for sliders.

Divide the dough into the desired number of pieces. If you have a scale, weigh the dough before you start; this will make division totally simple.

Shape each piece of dough into a flattened round: about 3 1/4″ diameter for large buns, 3″ for standard, and 2 1/2″ for mini.

Place the larger buns in a hamburger bun pan, if desired, for extra support. Standard and mini buns will be fine on a half-sheet pan, spaced about 2″ apart. I like to line the pan with parchment, for easiest cleanup.

How to make brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

5. For smoothest shape, flatten shaped brioche buns with a tool – not simply your hands.

Since the dough is both chilled and high in fat, you’ll find it easy to work with; it feels a bit like soft, smooth clay, rather than a typical springy yeast dough.

You can get pretty smooth brioche buns simply by using the palm of your hand to flatten them. But here’s a helpful tip: once you’ve shaped the dough into a ball, flatten it with something completely flat: like a bowl scraper, or the bottom of a measuring cup (if you have one large enough). Press down firmly, then make a couple of small circles with your hand (think washing a window), to “round” the bun under pressure.

So, how come those buns in the previous photos don’t look perfectly smooth and round? I didn’t discover this technique until I was nearly done shaping them, and was discouraged with the results. Necessity is the mother of invention!

How to make brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

6. Let the brioche buns rise fully.

Because the dough is cold, the brioche buns may take longer to rise. Let them. Don’t set your stopwatch and rail against fate if they’re not nice and puffy when the alarm goes off.

If the dough is particularly cold and your house is, as well, the buns may take up to 3 hours to rise fully. On the hot summer day when I made these, they only took about 90 minutes.

And what does “rise fully” mean? Well, if you’re making them in a hamburger bun pan, they should definitely crest above the rim of the pan.

For buns on a baking sheet, they should start to “lift” off the sheet: see how their sides are bulging out just a bit, starting to become the big, rounded buns they’ll bake into? That’s what you’re after.

Towards the end of the rising time, preheat your oven to 375°F, with a rack in the center.

How to make brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

7. For added flavor and crunch, top with seeds.

Remember that egg white you saved, back when you were making the dough? Whisk it with 1 tablespoon cold water, and brush the resulting “egg wash” on the buns.

Then top with seeds: sesame, for a typical fast food-type sesame seed bun; or my favorite, everything bagel topping, a tasty mixture of poppy and sesame seeds, dried onion, garlic, and salt.

How to make brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

Even if you’re not adding seeds, it pays to brush the brioche buns with egg wash. On the left, an “unwashed” bun; on the right, a washed bun. Egg white adds both color and shine.

How to make brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

Some seeded, some plain – looks like these plump brioche buns are ready.

Bake the large buns for 18 to 19 minutes. Slider buns will take about 14 minutes, and standard buns something in between. The buns should be golden brown, and a digital thermometer inserted into their center should read 190°F.

Note to those who want to mix bun sizes on the same pan, as I did. Remember, the smaller ones will bake more quickly than the larger ones. When the small ones are done, grab ’em off the baking sheet with a pair of tongs (or your baker-tough, heatproof fingers – OUCH); and transfer them to a rack to cool, leaving the larger buns in the oven to continue baking.

Now there’s one caveat to all this, and it leads to our final tip –

Brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

8. It’s easy to over-bake the buns. Don’t do it.

Brioche buns will brown quickly, due to their high fat content, as well as the egg wash. And you want to err on the side of moistness. So keep your eye on the buns as they bake, and your digital thermometer handy.

No thermometer? It pays to break one open when you think they’re done. If you see no sign of raw dough at the center – take ’em out of the oven, they’re perfect.

Brioche buns via @kingarthurflour

Aren’t you craving a burger right about now?

Please read, bake, and review our recipe for Brioche Buns.

Print just the recipe.

comments

1. Fay Weinstein

why do you not use bread flour? I have noticed that in many of your bread recipes you use all-purpose flour.

1. MaryJane Robbins

Hi Fay,
      There are two main reasons why we call for the all purpose flour for most of our bread recipes.
      First, our AP flour has more gluten than others on the market, making it perfect for a loaf of soft tender bread. Secondly, our AP flour is carried in more markets around the country than our bread flour, so it is one that more folks can readily have access to.

You can absolutely use bread flour instead of AP flour in our yeast bread recipes. Use the same amount of flour and increase the liquid by 1 tablespoon per cup of flour.

Hope this helps. ~MJ

2. Phyllis

How would you freeze these? Would love to make these for hamburgers, etc. But with only my husband and myself — I would need to freeze the rest of the buns.

1. MaryJane Robbins

Hi Phyllis,
      You can absolutely freeze the buns after baking. Just package them up in a ziplock bag and they’ll keep in the freezer for about 3 months. ~ MJ

3. Linda

First let me say I have labored for many years trying to duplicate my German Grandmother’s homemade bread. I remember standing by her and watching as she made her yeast bread three times a week faithfully. Just knowing I would be able to do the same when I grew up. Needless to say that was many years ago and until I discovered King Arthur flour I was always very dissapointed every time I attempted bread making. That discovery has changed my life and I make breads of all kinds now, brioche being one of our favorites. The recipe I use is large enough to make several things at one time. I make cinnamon rolls, hamburger buns, loaf bread, smoked sausage rolled up in brioche and bake after rising. But our favorite is the yeast doughnuts! I get about six of each things listed above, which is perfect for the two of us. I am soo happy finding King Arthur flour. It has changed my life. I don’t know when we bought a loaf of bread from the store. Saying all that I am happy to get the dimensions for the hamburger buns. I never seemed to get the correct size so thank u for that info. I also enjoy and use some of the recipes I get from the emails u send out . Thanks again

1. MaryJane Robbins

We are so happy knowing that we can be sure a positive part of your baking. Thanks so much for your support! ~ MJ

4. Yvonne Z

Can these buns be frozen? If so, should they be baked first, or should the dough be frozen, befor or after shaping them?

1. MaryJane Robbins

You can absolutely freeze these after baking. If you make a big batch and freeze in half dozens, you’ll be ready for whenever the burger inspiration hits. ~ MJ

5. Micheline Snow-Kajenski

It would me nice if ALL your recipes were printer friendly. I now have 16 pages of illustrations when all I wanted was the list of ingredients. I have your book and I am sure I could find the recipe in there but my book is in my Florida house. We summer in Vermont. I can save to my computer all of the instructions and pictures but moving my computer to the kitchen just for the list of ingredients is not possible. Please, be it just to save a tree and ink cartridges in the landfill, make ALL your recipes printer friendly!

1. PJ Hamel, post author

Micheline, all of our recipe are printer-friendly. At the bottom of each blog post that details a recipe, you’ll see a link that says, “Print just the recipe.” Click on it, and it’ll take you to a single printable page (sometimes 2 pages, if the recipe is extra-long). Hope this helps – PJH

Micheline, there is a link to the recipe page right below the title picture. Once on the recipe page just click on the words “printable version” and this will bring you to a page where you can adjust the font and choose what type of measurements you prefer: volume, ounces or grams. Then hit “print” and voila! Just to save you a minute, here is the link to the Brioche Buns recipe. Barb@KAF

3. Barbara

The most convenient way of all to have your recipes with you anywhere is to have a large tablet computer. It is so easy to highlight the ingredients and instructions, then click the “share” symbol, and the recipe can automatically be placd into a program called Evernote (it came with my 10.5″ tablet, but you can download both the mobile app AND the desktop version for free, and it will automaticalky sync the two together!) . I collect many that way, then take the tablet to the kitchen to cook. No paper, no ink, no printer needed!

Donna, the refrigerated dough should be good in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, but be sure to protect the dough from drying out and deflate the dough once or twice while it’s in the refrigerator. The gasses that the dough gives off can give an off flavor to the dough. Barb@KAF

6. Karen Gockley

This is a lovely recipe. If I wanted to make a regular loaf, do you have any suggestions for pan size or cooking time?

Cyndi, they may be a bit more difficult to shape than round buns, but you certainly could. Barb@KAF

Weigh full size buns at 4 ounces, and sliders at 1 1/2-2 ounces. Happy baking! Laurie@KAF

Elsie, this is not a recipe I would recommend trying to convert to gluten-free because the gluten development is needed to hold all the buttery goodness together (hence the long mixing time). We do have a few gluten-free roll recipes, including this one. Barb@KAF

7. Jo

Do you think that this could possibly be made with gluten-free flour? Our regular gluten-free buns fall apart when we try to use them for burgers and such, and these look so lovely.

8. ellie

Can this recipe be made without the powdered milk? I’m very lactose intolerant and even the smallest amount of powdered milk sets me off. Yes, I could take a lactase tablet with it, but I live in France and they are unavailable here, so I use the ones I have sparingly.

Thanks,

Ellie

Milk is used for flavor and tenderness, as well as contributing to the browning. You could use soy or another alternative milk instead of the water and milk powder, but the concentration of milk solids won’t be as high. Coconut milk powder could also be a great substitute. Happy baking! Laurie@KAF

2. JT

Just so you know, there are a couple of brands of lactose free powdered milks out there that you might want to look into. I’m fairly certain you can even order them online if you can’t find them in stores near you. For instance, Valio Eila sells 400g of lactose free powdered milk for about 13 euro. Hope this helps!

1. PJ Hamel, post author

Karen, suubstitute milk for the 1/4 cup water. While you won’t be adding quite the same amount of milk protein, your buns will be fine. Enjoy! PJH

9. Suzanne

These are amazing and exceptionally popular! I did a few things I wished I hadn’t but the recipe was forgiving (I melted the butter that was the biggest mistake.) I also only left it in the refrigerator for 6 hours. But they turned out beautifully and I’ll be making these often. Many thanks for the great recipe.

10. Juli N

Made these over the weekend. My husband loved them! I made 6 large-size buns as that fits nicely in my bun pan without having to bake a second pan. Only change was I used bread flour instead of AP, as that was what I had on hand. Topped with the Everything bagel topping as I had that on hand, too.

These keep well for several days, and are also very tasty as an egg sandwich.

11. mikegriese

I really like the flavor of the buns, but I am having a problem with texture – they are consistently coming out more crumbly than I would like. They are rising nicely, don’t appear to be overbaked in terms of browning, and I take them out of the oven as soon as they hit 190 – any suggestions?

Crumbly = dry, so first watch your flour measurement. Be sure to stir the flour, sprinkle into the measuring cup then level – this will yield a cup of flour that weighs 4 to 4.25 ounces. A “heavy” cup of flour or incorporating too much flour during kneading will result in drier, crumbly brioche. This very rich dough should still feel soft and supple, like pressing on your cheek with your index finger. Second, home convection ovens may dry out baked buns, so use your oven on a traditional bake setting. Last, be sure to follow the tips from the blog about ingredients and mixing – or call our Baker’s Hotline at 855-371-2253 and we can do more trouble shooting with you. Happy Baking!

12. Inge Del Nevo

I find that my buns most of the time during rising go side ways raather than high. How can I improve. I also like to use Spelt flour. Is that the same baking method? Thnaks looking forward to your advice.

Spelt flour may not have the same strength in baking that wheat does but you are perfectly free to experiment and use the same method, possibly modifying the mix times. Things slump sideways when the dough is too slack, or when the dough isn’t shaped tightly enough. Slack dough may have too much moisture in it. We have some videos on our site that show how to tightly shape dough- give them a view. A third option would be to use a pan or mold to hold them, like our hamburger pan. Happy baking! Laurie

1. Susan Reid

Hi, Mary. We’ve made a LOT of brioche dough in our test kitchen bread machines. Yes, it will work just fine. Susan

1. MaryJane Robbins

Hi there,
      Yes, you can make these rolls any size you choose. The temperature will remain the same for baking, and you will need to reduce the baking time according to how large or small you make them. ~ MJ

13. Steve

My dough did not rise at all…followed the directions. My dough appeared incorporated as per the directions sooner than the recommend time…did i over mix the dough?

14. Joanna

Hi, I love making brioche of all types, but with these buns I have trouble with them falling a fair amount when they come out of the oven. When I bake brioche loaves, I leave them in the loaf pans for about 10 minutes to prevent this. However, I am at a loss for what to do with these free standing buns. I am making standard size (2 3/4 oz) buns. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

It sounds like the buns may be a little over-proofed, Joanna. Try reducing the rising time for the shaped rolls and see if it helps. Jon@KAF

15. Amanda

I’m in the process of making this recipe – it’s in the fridge now. When I was mixing, it looked nothing like the pictures (not as sloppy – even added a bit more water), but I followed the directions and it did rise to about double in size. Should I be making “plan b” buns, or is this likely to be ok? Have company coming tomorrow for pulled pork sandwiches 🙂

Thanks!

If you have a hamburger bun pan, the sides of the buns will be held in by the pan shape so they won’t spread out/flatten during the rise or bake. Work with the brioche dough cold to shape the buns. It may be wise to make the plan B dough and rolls as only the brioche bake will be able to tell you for sure if you really need those plan B buns. If the plan A buns work, you can freeze either set of buns for later. Happy Baking! Irene@KAF

Darcy, lightly cover them with some plastic wrap and that should do the trick! Happy baking, Bryanna@KAF

16. Beth Andre

The recipe says to cover with plastic or proof cover. Does KAF sell a proof cover, or does that mean anything else besides plastic? Thanks.
    Beth Andre

17. Will T

Great recipe, thanks!! For the final rise, my house is quite chilly. Can I use my proofing drawer to speed things up a bit? Thanks.

Absolutely- keep an eye on it to be sure it doesn’t overrise. Happy baking! Laurie@KAF

18. Fran

I made my first batch of these buns without a special pan. As expected they spread to about 5 inches on baking but, they were beautiful inside and out. The flavor is amazing. I grilled them before serving burgers on them and they held up nicely. This recipe is so easy to use you just have to be patient for the dough to be ready over night. I can now make my own burger buns so I know what’s in them.

Deb, I wouldn’t recommend eliminating the yeast in this recipe, as there is very little liquid to replace in this recipe because of the high egg content, and the eggs are an important part of the recipe. If you wanted to add a little sourdough flavor you could replace 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup fed or unfed starter. Be sure your starter is at room temperature and isn’t cold from the refrigerator. Barb@KAF

19. Chris Heath

Living in Arizona I’ve found that many dough recipes need the extra amount of liquid called for. Pie crust too. Looking forward to making this recipe today. Thanks KAF

20. Sonia V

These look beautiful, and the blog makes me want to try to make them right away! None of the pictures show the inside of a baked bun. How yellow and dense Is the interior?

Thanks!

Sonia, for a peek inside an almost identical(just slightly sweeter) bun, take a look at our blog post called “VERY Vanilla: Cream-filled Brioche, AKA…Help!”…and try not to be too tempted. Mollie@KAF

Sure, Evelyn! If you leave the blog and go directly to the reciperecipe.There you will see options to view the recipe in volume, ounces or grams. You choose! Elisabeth@KAF

21. Jason Kippen

In Australia here haven’t seen all purpose flour ( maybe it’s there and i haven’t seen it) can i use another flour like self raising flour or another substitute?

Sounds like you should give our Baker’s Hotline a call to talk about substitutes. We’ll need to know what you do have access to in order to make the best recommendation. A higher protein content flour like bread flour can work, but it will make the buns a bit less tender and the dough will need slightly more water. You’re also welcome to try using a whole wheat variety, but again the buns won’t be quite as soft. Self-rising (or self-raising) flour isn’t a good choice because it already has chemical leaveners added to it, which will negatively impact the texture and rise. Feel free to give us a call if you need more information: 855-371-BAKE(2253). Kye@KAF

22. Cathi

Referring to making the dough in my Zojirushi bread machine. Your blog says to take the dough out when the dough cycle is completed. Does that mean that you let it run the entire dough cycle with the first rise, or do you take out the dough after the knead cycle?

1. Susan Reid

Cathi, let the machine finish its cycle, meaning the first rise happens in the machine. Suswan

1. PJ Hamel, post author

Corinne, not with the filling, no. You could freeze the buns and fill just before serving, though, if that works for you. PJH

1. PJ Hamel, post author

Betsy, softening it first makes it easier to work in the dough. Just don’t melt it, though. Good luck — enjoy this fabulous bread! PJH

23. Christi

Is there a substitute for the dry milk? Maybe water or milk? The last time I purchased your dry milk it expired before I even used half of it, so I felt like it was very wasteful. I really want to make these brioche hamburger buns. Also, can this recipe be used to bake a loaf? If so, what size pan would I use? I’ll be sure to let you know how my buns turn out. I really appreciate that you have so many great recipes and that you take questions and answer them so quickly!
    Thank you!

Christi, you could replace the water with milk, and simply leave the dried milk out of the recipe. This would make a relatively small loaf, so I would try baking it in an 8.5×4.5 inch loaf pan, for about 30-35 minutes, but be sure to keep an eye on it. Bryanna@KAF

24. Connie Mckeehen

This may sound silly but can I use a 6 quart food grade tub with a lid in place of a plastic bag?

Absolutely, Connie. We chose to highlight a different rising container here, but we usually recommend using a dough rising bucket like that or a covered bowl. Mollie@KAF

We haven’t tried that, Jan, but we imagine it would work. If you decide to give it a try, we’d suggest using the directions from our recipe for New England Hot Dog Buns for guidance. Happy baking! Mollie@KAF

25. Betsy

Yum! It’s too hot to make these now, but when (if) it cools off, I’m up for these. Thank you for testing regular vs gold yeast as I just received my order for gold and wondered if I should use it in “rich” recipes even when they don’t specifically call for it. Nice to know it would work and is better for sweet but not necessarily “fat” breads.

26. Georgi

I make the dough for these yesterday. I used the dough setting on my bread machine but when it was finished, and I took the dough out, it was dripping with butter. I know for sure I used the correct amount. This morning I took the dough out of the fridge and shaped it and placed on cookie sheet, as directed, but I did 12 rather than 6. 3 hours later, they have barely risen. Any thoughts? I wonder if I should have let it knead twice yesterday.

Hi Georgi, it sounds like a couple of things might have been happening here. First, brioche dough does take much longer to knead than unenriched yeast doughs. We usually find that it needs 15-20 minutes in a stand mixer, rather than the usual 7, so it’s very possible that your dough needed to be kneaded longer. Unincorporated melted butter also makes us think that the butter and/or the dough may have gotten too warm during mixing and kneading. While we want the butter to be room temperature when mixed in, it shouldn’t be so warm that it’s melted. If the same thing were to happen again, we’d recommend letting the dough cool back to room temp, then continuing to knead until all the ingredients come together into a very soft, smooth ball. Hope this helps! Mollie@KAF

27. Katherine Putnam

Could you explain the reason why dry milk is in the recipe? I looked above to see if you have already answered this question, so forgive me if this is a repeat question. Could liquid milk — and less water — ever be substituted or would the effect not be the same?
    Thanks!

Hi Katherine, the dry milk adds flavor, tenderness, and nutrition to the brioche buns. You can use liquid milk to replace the water in the recipe and omit the dry milk powder if you like, but the buns won’t be quite as light or high-rising as they otherwise would be. They’ll still be delicious, though! Kye@KAF

28. Mindy

I’ve made this recipe twice now and it is out of this world. And while my end results both times were perfect, I do have a question. Both times my first rise was negligible to very slight. The directions call for an hour rise until puffy but your blog photos show a decided double + in volume rise. Which should it be? A one hour rise, no matter what the change in volume, or go ahead and let rise until double? The photos don’t quite match the directions (or vice versa)! Both times I got a good puffiness of my shaped buns after about 90 minutes and they popped up perfectly during baking. So, I only wonder if I’d have even better results/flavor if I let the first rise go to double in bulk.

Hi Mindy, we apologize for any confusion. You’ll want to let the dough rise for about an hour, at which point it should have increased in size and have become quite puffy. This might mean a full double in size, but if it’s been about an hour and you’ve seen a notable increase, you can move on to the next step. On the other hand, if your dough is in a cold kitchen or your ingredients were cold and there’s barely any change after an hour, you’ll want to extend that initial rest. The flavor will be more yeasty if you let it rise more completely before putting it in the fridge. Feel free to experiment, adjusting your method slightly to get the flavor you’re looking for. Happy baking! Kye@KAF

29. marc reynolds

Out of habit and laziness, I called the Baker Hot Line and was helped by the lovely ladies that answered with my questions regarding Brioche rolls.

Later in the day, It occurred to me to check your website about Brioche Rolls, which I did and found a font of excellent information to supplement the Reinhart recipe I am using. His is similar.

I need to know more about using a tablet in the kitchen. I have a few thousand recipes. They are in a recipe folders by type, and in old fashioned manila files. I am loath to uses a computer in the kitchen because of the grease etc. and because I usually make notes on the printed paper recipes. Can you make notes on the tablet? How do you keep it clean?

Your products are great and your Bakers Hot Line outstanding.

Marc

Hi Marc, we’re glad to hear you put our Baker’s Hotline to good use! We love hearing from bakers like yourself. As for your questions about the tablet, they might be better suited for those folks who actually sell the tablets, as the capabilities and functions can vary quite a bit among brands and models. We have heard of some bakers who use screen protectors and plastic cases that are easily cleaned so when you inevitably get flour and dough on your screen, it’s easy to wipe up at the end of your session. If it’s something you’re interested in, we encourage you to continue exploring it. Kye@KAF

30. Lauren

Well, I was convinced it was going wrong every single step along the way. Just pulled them out of the oven. Magic. Perfecto. In fact, I ate a ‘bread sandwich’ for dinner. Who needs filling? That was delicious!